Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This Really Annoys Me About Politics

Anyone who knows me or follows my blog has figured out that I'm a pretty liberal guy. But I'm not a kool-aid drinker. Not only are there plenty of "liberal" issues I'm apathetic about or even oppose, but I'll criticize Democrats for bad politics too.

Well, if you want bad politics:


Okay... so one Republican on some talk show says "exact same agenda" and you're going to repeat that line over and over again as though its an effective attack against Republicans generally?  We don't even get to hear the whole sentence in context, nevermind the broader topic itself.  Look, if there was a memo signed by the heads at the RNC and Congressional Committees then play ball.  But I don't even know who that guy is and I'm an astute political observer.

And while we're at it, can we ban creepy background music from political advertisements?  The music didn't make me want to vote against Republicans -- eight years of Republican mis-management did it for me.  What  f***ing rational purpose does that music serve besides making me afraid that guy is going to break in and rape me in my sleep?  Seriously.  That music belongs on a Lifetime movie, not a political ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment